Friday, September 28, 2012

Kidspiration in the classroom

In my Technology in the class room class we got to use this new to me but old to some software called kidspiration. It is an awesome new technology, it allows you to make flow charts to show anything. I did my assignment on the layers of the earth, it allows you to change color, fonts, and shapes of the information, it allows you to put arrows so students can follow the information. It also allows you to put clip art in to your flow chart to give it a piece of creative effect. Teachers could use this in any subject to show food webs for science, author background for English, Historical events that connect for History. This software could be used in any subject for any teacher, students could also use it as an alternative to powerpoint. If you notice in a class room when a teacher gives a student a project and they have to present their research, students go to what they know best, powerpoint. I think that in a class room so many students give a powerpoint that other students and the teacher looses interest after the third one. But with this new kidspiration students can take away form the boring old powerpoint and give the class room a new look into other technologies and will keep the teacher and students interest when presenting their information.

1 comment:

  1. I worked with Inspiration and I thought it was a great tool as well. Since they are the same product just geared at different levels, I'm sure they are pretty similar. I think its great to be able to use this to make subjects more interactive instead of just normal note taking.

    ReplyDelete